New Energy Codes based on the 2012 International Energy Conservation Council that were recently adopted by Farragut and other municipalities in E. TN
John Householder with the Town of Farragut
- New codes (2012 IECC) that were recently adopted by Farragut and other municipalities in E. TN
- Focus on the whole house as system and the importance of its how its components interact with one another.
- Way that new code has been received and is being phased in over time by the Town of Farragut to give building community time to learn best building science practices and what’s required to produce an efficient home.
- Success of builders community in meeting new codes and how simplistic it is to achieve new code-from cost to building techniques.
- Builders are taking efficiency standards from Farragut and applying them to new homes in other jurisdictions.
Today our Energy Efficiency series focuses on a complete energy audit of your home. Prudent Energy systems is a full service home performance building company serving the Knoxville area. Their services include:
- ENERGY STAR certifications for homes
- Commercial and Residential Energy Evaluations
- Home Performance Contracting
They work to maximize your home’s energy efficiency, eradicate any indoor air quality and other safety problems at the source, and optimize building durability and integrity. Capable of working as a 3rd party verifier or as a turnkey performance contractor, we will work to ensure your goals are achieved. We’re certified, verified, and have over 20 years of experience under our tool belt.
Home Energy Evaluations: Great Information for Existing Homes
Chances are, you’re spending much more on utility bills than you need to be. A home energy audit gives you the opportunity to fix that. Using the latest technology, including a blower door to assess air leakage, a duct blaster to assess duct leakage and infrared thermography, a comprehensive home energy audit will point out leaks in your home’s thermal envelope, deficiencies in insulation, and other opportunities to stop heat loss and reduce energy consumption, while improving the comfort and safety of your home. In addition to recommending fixes to reduce energy, we’ll also evaluate carbon monoxide safety, mold and other air quality issues and improvements to temperature and lighting comfort. Our comprehensive audit report will include a prioritized list of potential improvements, and an estimate of the savings our recommended work will likely lead to.
Video of the Home audit: