For 50 years, United Guaranty has provided the best in mortgage insurance products and services to mortgage lenders and credit unions of all sizes. Today they also offer expert risk management and financial services to help you protect your investments and expand your markets. Established in Greensboro, N.C., in 1963, United Guaranty now employs more than 900 professionals and support staff at its headquarters and in locations throughout the country.
Private Mortgage Insurance: Why PMI?
Mortgage insurance, or simply “MI,” helps people buy a house with only a modest down payment. This is because MI protects lenders against the increased risk of borrower default related to mortgages with high loan-to-value (LTV) ratios. With MI, a mortgage lender can lend a greater portion of the value of a house instead of only 80 percent.
Products and Services:
United Guaranty provides an array of products and services, including first-lien mortgage guaranty insurance in a range of premium payment plans. United Guaranty is the only MI provider to offer Performance Premium® risk-based MI pricing.
United Guaranty also works with homeowners who are behind on their mortgage payments to identify ways to keep their home. As a liaison between the borrower and the mortgage servicer, United Guaranty provides the added support some homeowners need to make their payments current and avoid foreclosure.
- United Guaranty Residential Insurance Company—mortgage guaranty insurance on conventional first mortgages for residential property.
- United Guaranty Residential Insurance Company of North Carolina and United Guaranty Credit Insurance Company—default insurance for closed-end second mortgages and home equity lines of credit.
- United Guaranty Commercial Insurance Company of North Carolina—student loan default insurance for loans made to undergraduate and graduate students enrolled in approved four-year public or private colleges and universities.
- United Guaranty Services, Inc.—contract underwriting, customer billing, and underwriting operations to support affiliate companies of United Guaranty Corporation.
- United Guaranty Mortgage Indemnity Company—mortgage guaranty insurance for high-LTV loans and other mortgage products in the U.S. and reinsurance coverage of first-lien residential home mortgages in Hong Kong.
- International—United Guaranty’s International Group currently provides credit risk management solutions globally for high-LTV residential lending. Our office locations in the Americas, Asia-Pacific, and Europe provide superior customer service, claims payment, and risk management support. For additional information, please contact us at Global.MI@ugcorp.com or visit our international website at www.aiguginternational.com.